I had an awesome climbing night on Friday of last week… I’ve started campus training, which is making me feel completely bad ass. I’m also having a ton of fun climbing, and Climbing Partner is almost done building out his Honda CR-V with a sleeping platform (a project to be documented in an upcoming blog post) so that must mean that climbing season is just around the corner. But, for now, I’m still stuck inside, so here are a few highlights to start out your week.
- Don’t miss your chance at a rockclimbergirl.com t-shirt…
- Melissa and I went to high school together, then our paths crossed again more recently out in the world of climbing. She’s now on a road trip through 2009, and promises that she’s going to fill in the story to go along with her pictures. Soon.
- Climber Justin Morris is running for the Ogden City Council.
- If you have a substantial amount of time to kill, Urban Climber and Climbing Magazine are doing their annual reader surveys. The prize pack would make that hour of your life you’ll never get back well worth it.
- On the other hand, the choices for most of the questions on the Outdoorzy.com Gearzy award ballot are sore lacking and their gear pack description sounds vaguely not cool enough.
- Finally, ClimbingNarc blogged about Lynn Hill’s 12/7/2008 Chablanke ascent here. The video of her ascent is linked to here. Lynn Hill is my hero.
Have a great start to another short holiday week, and I’m off to the gym!
Sara Lobkovich Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.