Gosh, I wish I could do these weekly, but I just don’t have that kind of discipline. Here’s a quick “what’s been going on lately” in the world of climbing and life (so, slightly less climbing related than usual) from my little vantage point…
- Climbing Magazine’s most recent issue features “Eight Confessions from a Climbing Mom,” with extended coverage on their website.
- Emily Harringon wins the 2009 SCS National Championships…
- The Access Fund says climbers should care about the economic stimulus bill… I’m not finding the e-lert on their website, but check your email if you’re on the Access Fund’s mailing list. If the stimulus package is passed, funding will go to the US Park Service, Forest Service, and Bureau of Land Management. The Access Fund wants input on potential projects of importance to the outdoor recreation community. Check your email, and click on the survey link in the email to respond by February 6th
- RedheadWriting has finally gotten respectable. The funniest bad-ass-climber-girl-writer-blogger-extraordinaire I know has relaunched her blog, “a candid view on writing, SEO and social media” at its very own domain name. If you’re not following Erika on Twitter, you are seriously missing out. Her tweets, alone, are worth joining Twitter.
- Rockclimbergirl.com has gotten some link luv lately… John W. Little at TeamNSC recently posted an interview with little ‘ol me, and the GetOutdoors blog called Climbing Partner’s C-RV “a sweeeeeeeet road trip vehicle.“
- Behind the Scenes at Black Diamond, via allclimbing.com
- When is a 5.7 not always a 5.7? When you’re at Joshua Tree, of course!
- Lizzy over at Dream in Vertical has gotten her first grad school acceptance. Congratulations!
- Here’s some good Post-Outdoor-Research-Winter-Show Commentary from Outside San Diego.
- VoodooClimbing is offering wholesale pricing to everyone, on their climbing hold lineup.
I wish I had more time, since there’s so much going on… but this will have to do (my self-set timer for “fun stuff” dinged eight minutes ago). Have a great Tuesday, and pitch in, with a comment, on what’s going on in your climbing life right now!
Sara Lobkovich Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.